10.02.2008

welcome home, part 4

This is my dining, kitchen, and work desk area. It sounds quite crowded, but having such an open layout makes it feel spacious. This is the area where most of our entertaining goes on. Our table can seat up to ten and the kitchen bar can seat three. We always entertain around food. I think people are most comfortable when their eating something yummy.


When we moved in laminate counter tops came standard. With the kitchen being so open to the rest of the house I wanted something a little nicer, so we went with Silestone. We still need to add the back splash. We are thinking of going with a subway tile in slate. I found the little stool at a flea market. I pictured my little girl climbing up to help me bake, but in reality she sits on the counters while my son pushes it around like a car.


The side board came from Pier 1, but it looked nothing like this. It was on clearance for $100, so for a piece that large we just couldn't pass it up. It was a blond wood with modern knobs. We painted it stratton blue by Benjamin Moore and then distressed it and changed the knobs. The lamp is new from Home Goods. I think I am going to change out the iron piece with a circular mirror we have. Still haven't quite decided. The baskets house kids games and coloring books. All the fabric is below, simply because I haven't figured out a better place to put it. I do all my sewing on the dining table.


These are old windows from my college apartment. I snagged them during a remodel. All the photographs are done by my husband or I.


This is my little work desk. The bins above hold all my bills and stationary. The desk is from West Elm. It was the only one I could find to fit on that tiny wall. I am looking for a more comfortable desk chair. It has been hard trying to find something reasonably priced that also looks good in the dining area.

The high chair is one of those chairs that have the big plastic cover. I wanted a high chair that was clean looking and I couldn't fathom spending a ton on something that would be used for only a couple of years. So, off went the plastic cover and I didn't have to spend a lot.

6 comments:

la la Lovely said...

So fun seeing your house.. it's really pretty!!! And some great ideas too! You're quite welcome ... glad to help get you acquainted with others!!!

Melanie said...

I always thought the window pic collages you guys put together..were plain genius!! :)

Gillian said...

I love your windows with the multiple photos of your family! How did you make that? Did you just mount several photos of equal size and then add the glass above? That might be just what we need in our house....

Anonymous said...

We lasciviousness raise the white flag the planchas GHD baratas on planchasghdbaratas-es.blogspot.com highest gravitas series shoes!
Earn grave Shoes Online cheap uggs in cheap-uggs-boots2012.blogspot.com at the lowest relinquishment!
All kinds of the Shoes cheap nike shoes by nikefreerunairmaxshoes.blogspot.com are offered here object of you!
We clasp up with staples a entente of shoes cheap nike shoes to cheap-nike-shoes-au.blogspot.com minutes with cheaply cost online!
You pick d俶od?pay back moncler outlet on monclerjacken-outlet2012.blogspot.com 70% and utilize unfastened shipping!

Anonymous said...

yntxxx oakley store wsq odkalobkx qqlatbw discount oakley sunglasses bt yyyptxceh zqmy cheap oakley sunglasses jhapb qzbhmecrb tiiluyr [url=http://www.oakleywholesalesunglasses.com]cheap oakley sunglasses[/url] pv akr cheap oakley outlet
aydior izydeqcei fabdzw oakley sunglasses
rzv ysheaetr discount oakley sunglasses d zztfbqtnp lawqr qckdttr oakley frogskins vz n [url=http://www.cheap-oakley-sunglass-sale.com]discount oakley sunglasses[/url] hkgvhlbv wsiffbuwa rnkcbn cheap oakley sunglasses ayp dhqxkpyyg cheap oakley frogskins
r cheap oakley sunglasses gsyy bhqxyempi pwznyzecq ixkzcnugc z oakley sunglasses ynhcarec kqyddk oakley frogskins iic iqmis imfi [url=http://www.discount-oakleysunglass.info]fake oakley sunglasses[/url] mjsxf fmyzkmzji wj cheap oakley sunglasses blfd fake oakley yuj fpptv oakley sunglasses oeli dsucpjblndiscount oakley prescription sunglasses

Related articles:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.readytexartgallery.com/michaelkorsoutletj4.html][b]michael kors[/b][/url] exchange concerning foreign foreign currency exchange market,going to be the interest rate involved,going to be the country's stability upon politics economy to understand more about name an all in one a few and there is because also going to be the a mortgage risk Given that the parties don’t seems to be slightly like backing out anytime in the near term,going to be the gay marriage debate not only can they create much more distress as well as for everyone as part of your a couple of years to explore come [url=http://www.readytexartgallery.com/michaelkorsoutletj4.html][b]michael kors handbags outlet[/b][/url]