11.04.2008

i heart this kitchen

Yes, I went out and bought Cottage Living even though I receive it in the mail. I was overly excited to see the home of Lee Kleinhelter. I fell hard for her first cottage makeover and was overjoyed to hear she did it again and I just couldn't wait for the mag any longer. Well, upon viewing her home I decided it was too much for me, oh well. I did, however, come across a lovely kitchen done and owned by Anne Turner Carroll, the assistant decorating editor of Cottage Living. In yesterday's post I showed a kitchen that I just adored and also added some links to very similar kitchens that I too fancied. Low and behold, her kitchen mimicked all I love in a kitchen.

Her kitchen was very standard and she made it fabulous. In the before pics her cabinets did not go all the way to the ceiling so she had them raised and then added a shelf, brilliant. I love the two toned cabinets. Colors I adore.

The pendents and cabinet pulls are from Restoration Hardware. I love how she placed the pulls on the horizontal. She also used two separate counter tops, one honed granite the other a butcher block.

This is the view from the dining room. The opening was just a small low square, but they opened it up and added the arch. I absolutely think this kitchen is wonderful. It makes me want to paint my cabinets even more. Do not worry hubby I will not even mention this to you, but if you happen to read this, love it, and want to do it, just know that I am in.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

LOVE the light fixtures!! Great kitchen!

Julia said...

How utterly lovely! Thank you for this look through her kitchen :) I like your taste! Very much!

Mrs.French said...

me too...gorgeous...mine is just so sad next to this...sigh...

Carrie said...

Gotta agree...this kitchen is lovely!