2.10.2009

Shopping Hiatus: 4 weeks down

My hubby and I do not really celebrate Valentine's day. Not that I don't love all that day holds, but the day and weeks prior get whirled up into a frenzy. My hubby writes and directs a dinner theater every year for the church. There will be three showings the 12th, 13th, and 14th. If you live in the area you should order tickets here. It's more for the city rather than just the church. We had just under a thousand attend last year. This year has been especially stressful for the hubby simply because he also has to keep the rest of his responsibilities at work going too. I can always tell when he's stressed when there is a pile of hair left on the pillow when he wakes in the morning. It's sad really. Anyway, what I am trying to get to is when hubby is away at work so much I normally like to shop. This hiatus has been good for me. It is helping me direct my feelings elsewhere which is always easier on the wallet, but if I were to buy a new outfit to wear to the dinner theater I would so choose this...

{image via Net a Porter}

{bracelet via J.Crew}

if I was going for a very sweet look. Although for longevity sake I would probably go with this instead...


{dress via J.Crew}

{Louboutin via Net a Porter}

Then again it would be for the valentine season so maybe something a little sassy would be fun...

{Image via InStyle}

Ha, yeah right! She does look gorgeous though. Oh, and I am well aware that I could not afford much on my list, but since I am just pretending I thought I would go all out.

16 comments:

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

It's fun to pretend... I do it all of the time! Love the first dress!

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

well done! you're doing such a good job! the pink dress is so sweet & look great with the bracelet, although i'll have to wear a coat too, :)

Anonymous said...

It's so hard, isn't it? I am struggling with the whole not-spending thing, and there's temptation everywhere. Especially those gorgeous shoes you posted...

Jennifer said...

virtual shopping is almost as fun, isn't it!

I'm excited about Dinner Theatre! We'll be there on Saturday night.

inkWELL Press said...

Love that pink dress and the bracelet - would be nice to buy something new for each event :) but you are doing great with your hiatus! I'm impressed!

Miss | A said...

I had a bride who had those Louboutin shoes in royal blue! I loved them, so fun to photograph with the red bottom soles. love that first dress. actually I love all the picks-would wear them all! You have such elegant taste. Have a beautiful day! We are all hoem with strep this wk(fun!).

megan @ a life's design said...

i love your style!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog and I'm loving it! You have some really fun posts...as for this one, I have to say I favor the pink dress. Who can resist a pretty dress with details?

Have a great day...

Anonymous said...

That pink dress is beautiful! Esp. the detail!

Julia said...

You would be so chic and cute! I love those heels!

Rachel said...

The pink dress! And the pearls! It's imaginary shopping, anyways, so I would throw in the heels.

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, love all these looks! That pink dress is beautiful. Hope his show goes well!

Anonymous said...

That first dress is beautiful and it has such a lovely shade of pink!

Haven and Home said...

Love the first dress! I am so impressed by your will power, keep it up!

Melanie said...

I guess I will be one of the minority...but I love the little black dress and the bracelet! :)

Joslyn said...

how cool that he directs a show for valentines day. excellent resolve...this is something that would make me pine for a new outfit too. you're strong!