3.25.2009

At the Beach: A Date Night







We are lucky enough to have good friends vacationing at the same time as we are in another close by beach town. They have a baby boy, so we thought it would be fun to exchange a night of babysitting so we could each have a date night. We haven't had a date at the beach in years. I am so excited about the prospect of going out to eat without little hands wanting to eat what I have on my plate. This is the outfit I would have wanted to buy if I were shopping. Comfy yet pretty I think. I added a watch, because on this trip I would love to not bring the blackberries, but I still would need to know the time, right? Of course that would never happen, oh well.

{top two pieces from J.Crew, sunglasses from Banana Republic, watch by Skagen, purse and shoes from Anthropologie}

14 comments:

Vanessa said...

Very comfy and beachy. I like!

Kotori said...

Love that shirt - so beachy but feminine. Hope you and hubby have a fabulous date night!

Julia said...

You have impeccable style, my dear! Enjoy the night :)

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

i absolutely love that top!

xx

Laura [What I Like] said...

You may have just found me my new summer shoes!

JMW said...

I've been inspired by your shopping hiatus and I'm attempting to do the same. My family and I will also be going to be the beach, in June, so I'm hoping to make this hiatus last as long as possible. BTW, great blog!

drollgirl said...

so cute! i love the shoes and bag. so much. waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

ashley&christy2001 said...

I love that idea, and the outfit would be perfect it is adorable.

PS~Erin said...

That's a perfect beach night date night outfit! I love those shoes!

Miss Aimee said...

hope you had a great date. take lots of photos! xoxo

Jennie Bee said...

very cute!

Apt. #34 said...

love those anthro shoes and that bag! such a weakness for purses. I tagged you in a fun little challenge today, btw. Be sure to check it out!

Robyn said...

so, where did you go to eat? Alot of great places in the Destin/30-A area to eat!

anonymously chic said...

all this beach talk is making me really want to, well, go to the beach! of course, i'd love to take along a those aviators.